Welcome to the University of Texas at Austin Institute of Transportation Engineers Student Chapter Website!
The Institute of Transportation Engineers (ITE) is a professional society dedicated to promoting and improving online marketing, SEO, research, planning, functional design, implementation, operation, policy development and management for any mode of transportation. Our ITE student chapter provides educational, mentoring, technical, service, and social opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students interested in transportation engineering. If you would like more information, would like to join UT ITE, or have any questions, please contact us at the top right contact information on this page.
Our Mission Goals:
- Promote transportation engineering at UT Austin.
- Introduce students to the Institute of Transportation Engineers, including District 9 (Texas), otherwise known as TexITE.
- Connect students with professionals in all facets of transportation engineering through speaking engagements and other activities.
- Promote student leadership through officer positions and committee assignments.
- Encourage social activities for students in transportation engineering.
- Promote the University of Texas at Austin through positive achievements by transportation engineering students.
Recent Chapter Accomplishments:
- Proud recipients of the 2007 Disctrict 9 Best Chapter Award!
- Congratulations to UT ITE member Stephen Boyles for winning the 2007 Daniel B Fambro International ITE Student Paper Award and the 2007 Disctrict 9 Best Student Paper Award!